The purpose of this policy is to inform the user, in a clear and complete manner, about the functioning and purpose of the cookies and similar technologies that may be installed on your device throughout your navigation of the Website.
By clicking on “Accept”, the User agrees to:
- The installation of cookies and/or similar technologies on the device used to access and navigate through the Website (e.g. computer browsers, mobile phones or tablets);
By clicking on “Configure”, the User can select which cookies will be installed and used while browsing the Website with the possibility of rejecting all those which are not strictly necessary for Medir Ferrer to carry out the service required by the User and which do not have the sole purpose of transmitting a communication through an electronic communications network.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that store and retrieve information about the user’s browsing habits. The information that is obtained is related, for example, to the number of new users, the frequency and repetition of visits, the time that the visit lasts, the browser or the computer from which the visit is made, or the application is executed.
2. Types of cookies
Depending on the function and purpose of the cookies, there are several types of cookies:
a) Depending on the entity that manages them:
– Own cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, i.e. Medir Ferrer in this case; and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
b) According to its purpose:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be deactivated on the publisher’s systems. They are usually set to respond to actions taken by the user to receive services, such as adjusting privacy preferences, logging into the site, or filling out forms. The user can set their browser to block or alert the presence of these cookies, but some parts of the website will not work.
– Performance Cookies: These are those that allow us to count visits and circulation sources in order to measure and improve the performance of the Web Site. They help the editor to know which pages are the most or least popular, and to see how many people visit the site. All the information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If the user does not allow these cookies we will not know when he or she visited the Web Site.
– Functionality Cookies: These allow the website to offer better functionality and personalisation. They may be set by the publisher or by third parties whose services have been added to the Web Site. If the user does not allow these cookies, some services will not function correctly.
– Targeted Cookies: These are cookies that can be placed throughout the Web Site and are placed by third parties who may use them to profile user interests and display relevant advertisements on other Web sites. They do not store personal information directly but are based on the unique identification of the browser and Internet access device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will have less targeted advertising.
– Social Networking Cookies: These are set by a number of social networking services that are added to the website to allow the user to share content with friends and networks. These cookies can track the browser through other sites and create a profile of the user’s interests. This may change the content and messages you find on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you will not be able to view or use these sharing tools.
c) Depending on the time period they remain activated:
– Session Cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing the Web Site. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant to the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
– Persistent cookies: Are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. What types of cookies does this Web Site use?
4. How can I block or delete cookies?
The user has been able to accept or determine which cookies he or she wants to be installed and used by clicking on the “Accept” or “Configure” options in the cookie information displayed in the first layer.
In addition, the user has the option of allowing, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on their device by configuring the options of the browser used during their navigation.
Users are informed that blocking or eliminating the technical cookies used by Medir Ferrer may affect the full functionality of the Website, making some services or functions unavailable.
5. Information on the identification of cookies
6. International transfers
Last version: March 2022